Sunday, October 17, 2010

States

Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed so to speak. I was irritated and grouchy and no matter how I tried I was unable to snap out of it. I was in a state of irritation, a state of agitation. States are fascinating to me because we can suddenly find ourselves in a state of happiness or sadness or super performance where nothing can stop us. I am reading a book right now called, "Unlimited Power", by Anthony Robbins. In the book he goes into this idea of states and how they affect us. He also talks about how we can cause a shift in our state by using our mind to control certain physical things, like breathing for example. He teaches a way to actually change my state from one that is destructive to one that produces the results that I want. I am studying this right now so I am far from being able to teach it, but I am excited by the concept. Wouldn't it be great to wake up in a funk, like I did this morning, and within minutes change that funk into a state of excitement and joy to greet the new day? What if I could also use this concept to change myself from an angry state to a peaceful state by simply using my mind to control my body in various ways? I hope to learn more about this and post some more information in a future blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment