Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anger Is Cumulative

I have discovered through long experience that anger is cumulative. I have not always believed that. I remember thinking , "tomorrow is a new day and I won't be angry then." or "I just need time to cool down and I'll be fine." What I've discovered is that anger results from past hurts not properly dealt with, and until I repair those hurts the resulting anger never goes away. When I am hurt by another person and respond in an unhealthy way I also create guilt which sets me up for an anger trigger that will be touched off whenever I am reminded again of that pain. When I continued to stuff my anger down inside I became like an unattended pressure cooker. I would eventually explode. When I was stuffing my pain down inside and telling everyone around me that I was "fine" I developed an angry spirit. My spirit of anger which people sensed coming from me prevented me from developing relationships. It caused others to be afraid of me and limited mypersonal and professional life. For me, learning to resolve anger quickly and completely is one of the keys to a successful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment