Monday, June 21, 2010

Delighting In The Process

I was once told that God wants me to delight in the process of working with people. Joyfully sowing seeds of God's ways into their lives, teaching them the commands of Jesus with patience, gentleness, mercy and grace. This is easier said than done. In fact, I can't do it in my own power. I must give myself to The Holy Spirit's leading completely, allowing God to use me not as I might desire to be used but use me however He chooses. That type of Christianity is a witness to other people. I discovered that I could be "born again" yet choose to fight for "my rights". But if I yield my perceived rights to God, He is then free to operate through me at a level that I could never have imagined. If I'm yeilding my personal rights to God and operating under His authority in His will, then I have nothing to be angry about because He is working all things for my good.

No comments:

Post a Comment