Beginning Saturday afternoon I started having a bad attitude. I began focussing on the little annoying things about my wife. I started trying to change her ways and this began a cycle of argumentation and anger that destroyed the mood of my household all the way through Sunday afternoon. The saddest part of the whole thing is that I KNOW better.I counsel other men to avoid this trap. To enter the presence of their family members with praise as often as possible. To avoid criticism, condemnation, and blaming. But there I was doing it all wrong and feeling like a hypocrite.
Oh Lord, help me to live what I teach. Give me grace to respond to irritaions with Love, Joy, Peace, and Patience. Give my wife the grace to forgive and encourage her that this shall pass and you are working on me still. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment